OG10 Q 103 Sentence correction

103. Students in the metropolitan school district lack math skills to such a large degree as to make it difficult to absorb them into a city economy becoming ever more dependent on information-based industries.

(A) lack math skills to such a large degree as to make it difficult to absorb them into a city economy becoming

(B) lack math skills to a large enough degree that they will be difficult to absorb into a city’s economy that becomes

(C) lack of math skills is so large as to be difficult to absorb them into a city’s economy that becomes

(D) are lacking so much in math skills as to be difficult to absorb into a city’s economy becoming

(E) are so lacking in math skills that it will be difficult to absorb them into a city economy becoming

I drill down to option D or E.  D seems wrong because ‘So much’ should have ‘that’ in the sentence and also it is wordy.

But in Option E, ‘city economy’ instead of ‘city’s economy’ is not right as well in my view.

Does this mean that all answer choices are wrong but E is better than other options and so we chose  E?  Or am I missing a point here?

Add Comment
0 Answer(s)

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.